Hope you all are doing very well! 🙂
It has been a crazy week for me, too many things to do and very little time. I finally decided it was time to make time to post something on the blog and here I am. I recently have been trying to figure out how to make chia seeds more decadent and truly believe that I have figured it out. My family was not a huge fan of chia seeds but now they absolutely love it which is why you will never find decadent vegan chocolate chia pudding leftovers in my house. 😉
Author: Create to Enchant
Yield: 6 Servings Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 bananas
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 5-10 tablespoons liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, (I used Manuka Honey)
- pinch of sea salt
- shredded coconut
- chocolate shavings
- berries and bananas
- cocoa nibs
- Sift the cocoa powder.
- Place the chia seeds, bananas, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, almond milk, salt in a bowl and whisk.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 2-4 hours to allow the chia seeds to become creamy.
- Once the pudding is thick and creamy, blend it in a blender to get a smooth mousse like texture. Now add the sweetener and blend for a few seconds.
- Garnish the pudding with cocoa nibs, berries, shredded coconut, and/or chocolate shavings.
Chocolate mousse is very heavy and usually made with cream but this decadent vegan chocolate chia pudding is a perfect alternative for it and a much healthier option.
Connect with us, we would love to know how this recipe turned out for you and if you would do anything different.
Have a wonderful day and remember we would love to hear from you!
❤ ❤ ❤