I’m more of a music aficionado than a baker, but this past week I decided to see if I could do some simple chocolate chip cookies. I found an easy to follow recipe from allrecipes.com and ‘whisked’ away! There are a couple of things I did differently. Instead of only using milk chocolate chips, I also used white chocolate chips because why not? The more chocolate, the better! I also added a quarter cup extra brown sugar to sweeten the cookies a bit more. The dough should be smooth, but not too watery. I found that I added a bit too much flour so I softened it with warm water and some milk to get the right consistency. I also did not add the walnuts that the recipe called for because my guests had allergies. However, do let me know how the cookies taste with the added flavour!
Another tip from my experience – add a little extra baking soda. The recipe only calls for 1 teaspoon, but my cookies turned out quite flat compared to the picture on the website! I’d double that to get the dough to rise a bit more. Voila, below are my masterpieces. They may not look super appealing, but they were delicious!
Original recipe link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/
The following has been taken directly from the link above. All rights go to Dora from http://www.allrecipes.com
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
IngredientsOriginal recipe makes 4 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- PREP20 mins
- COOK10 mins
- READY IN1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Happy baking, friends! Comment to let us know how the cookies turned out and if you’d do anything different. Enjoy!